Meet our Founder
Greetings I am DvinaEstrella Ramey.
I am 44 and the mother of 7 womb born children, 10 star seed babies, a bonus son, a daughter in love, and a grandbaby, ages ranging from 30-2.
I identify as an African Diasporic Black Indigenous Woman. I was born in Oakland raised in Berkeley, and currently live in and serve the California, Oakland, San Francisco greater Bay Area!
I love to; sing, dance, garden, travel, cook for and host family and friends, work with youth, commune with elders, work with my hands, innovate, study history and culture, and I'm generally up for anything I can do to uplift and support my community, while also having fun, especially in nature!
I am founding doula, educator, counselor, herbalist and ceremonialist behind S.I.S.I.
Sistas in Service International, Traditional Wellness program has been establised with the goal to support women's womb healing, body autonomy, awarness, empowerment, and to encourage interdependance and camaraderie amongst powerful, independant, innovative women, which in turn helps families, which in turn helps communities.
Women carry the culture! Women are the backbones of our societies! Young Women are our future matriarchs !
Our Men, Young Men, Gender fluid, Non-Binary partners are our dualities, our protectors, providors, our sustainers.
My elders taught me, we all have a role to play in keeping the balance, so here at S.I.S.I. we don't exclude them completely from our work.
* 35 years training in vocal arts performance presentation
* 16 years serving as Full Spectrum Doula * A homeschooler of 10+ years
* 9 years Training with Omnira Institute and Singing Traditional Yoruba Songs with Awon Ohun Omnira
* Indigenous Baby wearing and Belly wrapping Educator
* Trained as Full spectrum Doula with Shafia Monroe's former, International Center for Traditional Childbearing, currently, Shafia Monroe's Consulting
* Mentee'd with Samsarah Morgan's Shipirah's Circle Doula Program
* Studied Traditional Postpartum Closing of the Hips and Bones 5 years with Maria Acension Ramos
*Certified Moroccan Postpartum Doula with Tnps Layla B Rachid
* Certified Community Herbalist via Indigenous Remedies
* Trauma Informed Care Trained via; Catholic Charities Day Star Program, Aremisa May's, Keepers of the Womb, Nola Brantley Speaks, Norma Ward's CSEC Mentor training
* Lived experience of 17 pregnancies resulting in live births, miscarriages, abortions, c-sections, breech birth ,hospital birth with and without medical pain management, and homebirths
* A personal Survivor of Human trafficking, Suicide attempts, Drug Abuse, and Domestic violence
* Peer Counselor via Inside Outside Circle Foundation
* Currently Training End of Life Doula and Grief Peer Counselor
* First aid level Adult, Toddler, and Infant CPR Trained EMR
* Lactation informant and advocate via The B.L.A.C.K. Course
* Childbirth Education Facilitator 6 wks or 2-day 7hr intensive
* Ordained Minister and Celebrant in good standing of the U.L.C..
* Practitioner of Ifa Yoruba Tradition , Danzante de Luna (Moondancer) and Sacred Pipe Carrier in the Mexica/Anahauc Tradition,
I look foraward to witnessing and walking along side you in the work you are doing to find your way.